Transitional Living is available for women that need some support while they are equipping themselves to live on their own. We give women a place to stay at low cost as they gather money for first and last months rent. They are a part of the Community Life and the mentoring program which provide practical life skills to lead to a healthy independent life.
The Transitional Living Program incorporates accountability and responsibility in the requirements listed:
- A need for housing because of displacement or homeless.
- Unable financially or emotionally to get housing.
- Employed or actively seeking employment to become self-sufficient.
- Under RH Mentorship: learning skills of budgeting, community interaction, boundaries & safety. Developing Self-Care disciplines, and being involved in RH programs for growth and maturity. This Mentor Program equips a person with successful skills to reach their goal for healthy independent living.
- Policy and procedure agreement at Restoration House, including weekly counseling with therapist, participating in programs at Restoration House. Being responsible with self-management and personal responsibilities while contributing to community life.
- Housing cost is based on personal income; there are housing scholarships available to cover housing cost.
The application process will start by contacting Carla Ashton at 360-903-0632 for a brief interview. At this time a release of information is requested for talking with your therapist. It is specifically to confirm that Restoration House Transitional Living Program is a good fit and would be of benefit. There will not be any discussion of Therapy Content.
If your therapist feels you are a good candidate for Transitional Living, you will be given an application before having an interview with the Restoration House Application Committee. Upon acceptance, we will go over House Rules and Programs offered.